Barnard’s Tower, a large defensible tower on the north eastern corner of the town wall, was built in 13th/14th century.
It was capable of housing a garrison of troops and protected the vulnerable east side of Pembroke. Today it is home to a colony of bats.
Formerly a tidal inlet, the pond was first dammed to power a Corn Mill (see Point 21). To the east, an Upper Millpond was formed when the railway embankment was built in 1864.
The pathway descends to the attractive waterside Millpond Walk, where a variety of wildlife may be seen, and which follows the north side of the Town Walls.
Bear left and continue along the Mill Pond Walk